- Sleepy Hollow High School
SHHS Important Updates (Week of 10/19)
October 18, 2020
Dear Parents and Guardians,
I would like to thank you again for your patience and understanding as we continue to adjust our blended learning schedule and calendar of events when necessary. We recognize that as information has evolved almost daily, it has not been easy to keep up with all of the notifications. Please know that we continue to keep your children’s safety at the forefront of our decision-making process.
As the superintendent’s email earlier today mentioned, the high school will be open for students and staff tomorrow. This week, the district expands our hybrid learning model to have students in the schools five days a week. Cohort A will be in the school building Monday - Wednesday. Cohort B will be in the school building Thursday and Friday. Please review the schedule below.
- Monday, October 19th - Hybrid instruction for Cohort A. ODD day, regular bell schedule.
- Tuesday, October 20th - Hybrid instruction for Cohort A. EVEN day, regular bell schedule.
- Wednesday, October 21st - Hybrid instruction for Cohort A. ODD day, regular bell schedule.
- Thursday, October 23rd - Hybrid instruction for Cohort B. EVEN day, regular bell schedule.
- Friday, October 24th - Hybrid instruction for Cohort B. ODD day, regular bell schedule.
There are a number of other updates I would like to share with you below.
PSAT Day: PSAT Day has been rescheduled for Thursday, October 29th for all 10th and 11th grade students. In order to create a safe testing environment, students in 9th and 12th grades will NOT have classes on PSAT day nor will they have remote learning.
- All 10th and 11th grade students should report by 8:30 AM with a #2 pencil and a calculator. This includes cohort A, cohort B and Remote students.
- Hybrid learners have been given a PSAT practice book in school. Remote learners have been provided with the following link, to prepare for the exam: https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/pdf/psat-nmsqt-student-guide.pdf
- BOCES - 11th and 12th graders who attend a career program at BOCES, will still be given the opportunity to attend - on Thursday, Oct. 29th. Juniors can decide if they prefer to take the PSAT or attend morning BOCES.
- Dismissal Time - Students will be dismissed by classroom, as each testing room completes the exam. Most students will finish by 12noon.
Rose Ceremony: We hope to hold our Rose Ceremony for cohort A on Tuesday, October 20th and cohort B on Thursday, October 22nd as previously announced. We are waiting for additional guidance from the superintendent’s office to see if this event may be safely held this week. A subsequent email will be sent to parents tomorrow.
Photo Day for Underclassmen: Photo day is fast approaching. Cohort B students will have their photos taken on October 22nd and October 23rd. Cohort A students will have their photos taken on November 2nd and November 3rd. Fully Remote students will have their photos taken on November 9th. Please click here for details.
Additional Senior Portrait Day Added: An additional Senior Portrait has been added for this week.
Wednesday, October 21st has been added and students now will be able to make appointments https://seniors.legacystudios.com/sleepyhollow/. If you have trouble signing up or have any questions at all, please contact Legend 2021 Yearbook Advisors, Chris Adamo and Allison Katsman.
The 2021 Legend Yearbook: The Legend 2021 yearbook is now on sale and Jostens is offering a limited time offer. When you purchase the yearbook with personalization, you will receive up to four free icons. Payment plans are available, so there is no need to pay all at once. Please click here for additional information.
Please remind your child to bring his/her chromebook and power cord to school each day they are in school. The chromebooks are used throughout the day and are essential for class participation.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to me, our assistant principal Tony Baxter, your child’s teacher(s), guidance counselor, or any of our clinical staff. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Dr. Tracy Smith